Topic: Vintage Nascar

Not that we don't have enough classes already, but digging thru the drawers it occurred to me that between Revell/Monogram and Carrera there are a lot of interesting stock/Nascar type cars from say '57 - '72. with the new releases from Scalextric, ( Monte Carlo-Thunderbird) this could be extended into the late 70s/early 80s. They include the big three, Ford, Chevy and Mopar, all are tunable to an extent and there are 3D chassis available for most of them, not that they make much difference.
There may be a way here to exhibit some custom work/tuning in a fun way.
There is a wide range to choose from.

I know as a club we don't race NASCAR, I think they did modern cars for a bit before I was around.

Just thinking out loud.

Re: Vintage Nascar

I have had a few in the past. i could not get any of then to turn right for beans..

The secondnidator

docdoom wrote:

I have had a few in the past. i could not get any of then to turn right for beans..

Neither can NASCAR. I love watching them run on a road course, and yes most of the wrecks seem to happen on the right hand turns.

NASTE has a class for and raced 1/24 scale NASCARS way back when. We used the NASTE Chassis (flat brass chassis with Radio Shack motors and rubber airplane tires). A lot of the racers used the Revell pre painted Snap Kits for their bodies.