Topic: Classic sports car 2.....

Hey guys, I am currently shopping for a Classic 2 car. Since we have not ran the class since I have been attending I am curious what everyone is running?

GT40 seems like a good choice (as usual), I was also looking at an SRC 914-6.

The rules seem pretty generic other than the spec motor, but I am assuming this is not supposed to be "race" cars and more street going cars that were raced.

I am considering just putting the spec motor in my trans am for a while, anyone see any issue here except probably lack of competitiveness?

Thanks for all the help!

Zack

Re: Classic sports car 2.....

I'm OK with your Trans Am car, and I agree with your remark about "lack of competitiveness".....

Just remember the 8mm rear tires. If you're running a slot it GT40 and don't want to change wheels the stock size tires can be sanded down to 8mm, Paul Gage also sells an 8mm tire with a 5mm flange that will fit the stock wheel.
I've set up three of them like this, they all run well.
Why three? I'm a junkie.

4 (edited by docdoom January 24, 2019 8:25 pm)

Division II cars will be required to use the H&R 18k motor only. Class is limited to cars replicating cars built and raced through 1975.  cars' rear tire contact patch must be 8mm or less. so that wide open on what you can run  so sure if you want to run t/a go head. the main thing is the spec motor and 8mm tire and pre 75 full fender

The secondnidator

So the Slot.It Alfa would be legal then.  I never even considered it...

"Big Smooth"

ebay search
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-32-Scale-Str … rk:36:pf:0
some repaint and a hr chassis be something not seem running around the track
https://www.ebay.com/itm/STROMBEKER-JAG … rk:26:pf:0

The secondnidator

Check with Mitch, he probably has those in multiples.

"Big Smooth"

I've got all of them, in better shape than that.

Hey guys, Thanks for the replies. I got a GT40 from Bill I am going to pick up tomorrow and get working on for next week. Motor is on the way.

Thanks!

Zack

That'll work.

"Big Smooth"

This class has been dominated by GT40s lately, but I have a Ferrari 250LM set up the same that's running about the same as any of my GT40s

That will be nice to see on the track Mitch!

Now that the race is over, I went home made some adjustments to my old yellow GT40 and it went from 7.7 seconds on my track to 7.1. Oh well, but it looks like we're running them again next week for points. I just need to keep my hands off of it.

Need to work on mine, it was pitiful in comparison.

Pitiful...

"Big Smooth"

Next wee should be fun, we got Al's car running in the 6.7's after everyone went home with some minor tweaking!

Mitch, sounds like some solid progress!

Zack

Alright, last night after listening to Monte rant about the spec GT40 class. I am now thinking about attempting a build on something else just to see how quick it can go.

So what else is a proper "sportscar" shape, that fits well in this class? I'm up for a challenge!

Zack

I still like the Ninco '57 Vettes!

18 (edited by Wanabgts April 12, 2019 3:25 pm)

Bill, pretty tall ride height...But they are fairly wide. No pod either....Probably going to need that.

Zack

Well there is the 250lm cg makes a 3d chassis.

The secondnidator

Oh yeah.....I was thinking Division I..............

I have a Fly Ferrari Daytona with a 3D chassis that’s slowly coming around but still needs more tuning

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

22 (edited by reek455 April 13, 2019 7:42 pm)

I did some further tuning today and it is running as fast as my NSR GT40 on my track which I finally resurrected.

Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.

Good Job Rico, I finally acquired one of those but haven't had a chance to do anything with it yet.
Now that I'm feeling better my time is consumed doing all of the non slot car things that didn't get done post stroke.
As for my old yellow slot it gt40, I've had a dozen different motors in it and ran it in every class I could make it legal for. I'm pretty familiar with what it can do in every configuration.
Now I've turned my attention to some of the other cars and questions, like why doesn't the Ninco Healy and Cobra run as well as the '56 vette? How can a front motored car run as well as a mid motored car? It's been done by others. Why is my Racer P68 so noisy?

Rico. Thats a cool car for the class! I need to look more into the 3d options. That should open a lot of windows.

Zack